Saturday 22 August 2009

My Ramadan Diary - Day 1

Fajr - The Dawn

Ramadan Mubarak! May the blessings of this wonderful month go with you.

For us, here in the UK today marks the beginning of Ramadan this year, we are a day later than many other countries. I have done my preparations, read all the advice about what to eat and drink for my Sahur and Iftar meals and I think I'm ready.

This month is a chance for all Muslims to recharge our spiritual batteries for the year ahead and this year I'm going totry to do my best to become a better Muslim by doing some of the studying that I have been putting off. I am also going to try to keep up this Ramadan diary at least once a day for the whole month.

Assalamu Alalikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh - May the peace, the mercy, and the blessings of Allah be upon you.

No comments: